Wilkes-Barre Academy, Inc.
Small Wonders, Inc.
PTO Minutes of Meeting
Date: Monday,November 19, 2018
Time: 5:00 pm
Lisa Barth – President
Kristen Mazur – Vice President
Audra Hughes – Secretary
Regular Meeting Begins:
Meeting called to order at 5:00 pm in the school cafeteria by Lisa Barth, PTO President. Lisa Barth welcomes everyone to the WBA/Small Wonders PTO meeting.
- Lisa Barth reviewed the September 17, 2018 PTO minutes. Debbie Cooper made a motion to accept and Jean Marie Stoss seconded the motion.
- Lisa Barth states that the PTO Treasury Balance is $16,498.61. The Treasury Report is not complete and Brittany Holly will need to review.
- Terri Smith made a motion to accept the PTO Treasury Report and Jean Marie Stoss seconded the motion.
- Debbie Cooper along with all the teachers in the lower and middle school thanked the PTO for the purchase of their wish list items. They are all very appreciative.
- Lisa Barth thanked everyone for a successful Fall Festival event. The total spent on the 2018 Fall Festival was $3,912.14.
- Holiday Shoppe: Lisa Barth announced that this year’s Holiday Shopping is scheduled for Tuesday, December 4, 2018, Wednesday, December 5, 2018 and Friday, December 7, 2018. Set-Up will be on Monday, December 3rd at 10 A.M. Shopping envelopes will be sent home within the next week. We are looking for volunteers to help with the following:
v Set Up
v Shopping with students
v Gift Wrapping
v Break Down
Please check your child’s homeroom as well as the PTO Board to volunteer.
*Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles are welcome to volunteer.
- 2019 Night At The Races: Lisa Barth to check availability with venue for the following dates: Saturday, April 13, 2018, Saturday, April 6, 2018, and Saturday, March 30, 2018. More discussion and information to follow. 8th Grade parents are requesting to have a raffle table. The 8th grade class will supply all items. All money will be used towards the 8th grade class trip.
- Vouchers: Terri Smith announced that vouchers must be ordered by December 10, 2018 for guaranteed delivery by Christmas.
- Rebates: Terri Smith reminded all that the child credit slips for 2017 will be expiring and will need to be used by December 2018.
- Ski Club: Terri Smith announced the WBA Ski Club season starts on December 7, 2018. Ski Club will take place every Friday weather permitting. Ski Trip will take place on December 28, 2018. A promotion for first time skiers will include, lesson, rental, and lift ticket. Age group is 5-11 year olds and must be a student/family member with WBA School. Helmet rental is not included.
- Student Council: Student Council rescheduled the Skating Party to Thursday, November 29, 2018 due to the weather. Student Council is waiting on confirmation from Skate-A-Way.
- Education: Ms. Yale announced that Progress Reports would be available on December 19, 2019. Please check the Portal to be up to date on your child’s progress. Student Council will vote on all fundraisers that students would like to support. Terri Smith made a motion to accept and Ms. Robasky seconded the motion.
- Science Olympiad: Ms. Robasky stated the team is hard at work and projects are moving along. Sam Fox requested $1,000.00 for Science Olympiad. Terri Smith made a motion to accept and Grazia Reedy seconded the motion. All were in favor to accept.
- Next meeting will be held Monday, January 14, 2019, in the school cafeteria. *Please note that children can come to PTO meetings with their parents. They will be in a separate room with supervision during the meeting*.
- Motion made to end meeting.