Wilkes-Barre Academy, Inc.
Small Wonders, Inc.
PTO Minutes of Meeting
Date: Monday,September 18, 2017
Time: 6:00 pm
Lisa Barth – President
Kristen Mazur – Vice President
Lisa Belles – Secretary
Regular Meeting Begins:
Meeting called to order at 6:00 pm in the school cafeteria by Lisa Barth, PTO President. Lisa Barth welcomes everyone to our first WBA/Small Wonders PTO meeting.
- Jacqueline Elick, our former Treasurer will not be returning to WBA for this upcoming school year. WBA /Small Wonders PTO previously elected Brittany Holly as interim Treasurer. Lisa Barth nominated and announced to elect her as our official PTO Treasurer. A motion was made in favor by Terri Smith and Joan Corbett seconded the motion.
- Fall Festival: Lisa Barth announced that this year’s Fall Festival will be held on Sunday, October 15, 2017 from 12-3:00 pm. This event is completely covered by the PTO. An e-mail message was sent out with more information. We will be looking for committee chairs for the following:
v Food Chair
v Teen Liaison
v Set up Committee Chair
v Break Down Committee Chair
We are getting ideas together for our tents and the games that we will be providing for each.
*All WBA/Small Wonders Alumni are welcome to attend! If you would like to volunteer please contact Lisa Barth at (570) 430-6674 or email@example.com.
- Homeroom Parents: Lisa Barth announced this year’s Homeroom Parents and introduced them. We are still looking for an Eight Grade Homeroom Parent.
- Vouchers: Terri Smith announced that McDonalds Happy Meal Vouchers are on backorder. Sales dates for vouchers are posted outside of the office.
- Box Tops: Heather Whitkopp announced that the collection date for box tops will be Monday,
October 23, 2017. Please put 50 box tops in a baggy at a time and include your grade on it at the time of collections.
- Extracurricular Basketball: Cappie stated that we will be having our WBA Basketball again this year. She will be looking for some extra help in organizing and getting this extracurricular event established and maintained. We will discuss basketball teams for this year in more detail at our next PTO meeting.
- Ski Club: Laura Cackowski mentioned that the WBA Ski Club will begin once the snow starts.
- Science Olympiad: Ms. Robasky announced that Science Olympiad had their first meeting.
Introduction of Staff:
- Teacher introductions were made by Mrs. Huntzinger for the WBA Grades K-8 and by Miss Debby for our Small Wonders Teachers and Staff. Please note that all staff/faculty e-mails are listed on the website: www.wbacademy.com
- Meeting ended at 6:28 pm
- Next meeting will be held Monday, November 20, 2017, in the school cafeteria. *Please note that children can come to PTO meetings with their parents. They will be in a separate room with supervision during the meeting*.