Wilkes-Barre Academy, Inc.
Small Wonders, Inc.
PTO Minutes of Meeting
Date: Monday,September 17, 2018
Time: 5:00 pm
Lisa Barth – President
Kristen Mazur – Vice President
Audra Hughes – Secretary
Regular Meeting Begins:
Meeting called to order at 5:00 pm in the school cafeteria by Lisa Barth, PTO President. Lisa Barth welcomes everyone to our first WBA/Small Wonders PTO meeting.
- Brittany Holly states that the PTO Treasury Balance is $18,500.
- There was a discussion, initiated by Lisa Barth about ways that we can spend some of the funds that were raised to benefit the children directly. Last year we were able to do a teacher wish list so that all classes were able to get items that they wanted and needed. Also, the box top program was able to purchase a security monitor and 8 cameras. To complete the security system, 4 more cameras are needed. A motion was made by Terri Smith to purchase the 4 cameras.
- Terri Smith also made a motion to allot up to $150 per classroom (Infant-8) for them to purchase items needed for the classrooms. Debbie Cooper seconded both the motions.
- Toni Radziewicz suggested purchasing playground equipment geared towards middle school students. Photos were provided as examples. Mrs. Huntzinger stated the purchase of the items would need to be approved by the office staff. A motion was made by Toni Radziewicz to earmark $300 dollars for the purchase of the equipment. Mrs. Huntzinger seconded the motion.
- Fall Festival: Lisa Barth announced that this year’s Fall Festival will be held on Saturday, September 29, 2018 from 12-3:00 pm. This event is completely covered by the PTO. An e-mail message was sent out to Homeroom Parents. Homeroom Parents are in the process of purchasing prizes for their grades. We are looking for volunteers to help with the following:
v Food Stand
v Set Up
v Break Down
v Bounce House
v Classroom Tent
v Craft Tent
Please check your child’s homeroom as well as the PTO Board to volunteer.
*All WBA/Small Wonders Alumni are welcome to attend! If you would like to volunteer please contact Lisa Barth at (570) 430-6674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vouchers: Toni Radziewicz announced that the local supplier has very low quantities of local stores and groceries. Please expect delays. Emails have been sent out to parents. Check the voucher board outside the office for updates.
- Rebates: Terri Smith reminded all that the child credit slips for 2017 will be expiring and will need to be used by December 2018.
- Box Tops: Terri Smith announced that the collection date for box tops will be Monday,
October 22, 2018. Box tops will need to be handed in to the classroom at 9:00 am.
- Student Council: Student Council will hold the first meeting on Tuesday, September 18, 2018.
- The first dress down day will be for the Child Advocacy Center.
- Student Council Officers were announced:
o President- Hanna Fox
o Vice President- Angelina Goyne
o Secretary- Khushi Syed
o Treasurer- Armaan Mansuri
Introduction of Staff:
- Teacher introductions were made by Mrs. Huntzinger for the WBA Grades K-8 and by Miss Debby for our Small Wonders Teachers and Staff. Please note that all staff/faculty e-mails are listed on the website: www.wbacademy.com
- Mrs. Huntzinger highly recommends that parents use the portal to monitor their child’s progress. Mrs. Huntzinger also recommends providing access to the students to monitor their grades. Please provide an email address to Ambria Kramer for access set up.
- Next meeting will be held Monday, November 19, 2018, in the school cafeteria. *Please note that children can come to PTO meetings with their parents. They will be in a separate room with supervision during the meeting*.
- Motion made to end meeting.